Thursday, October 15, 2009

Oru Poomaram - Malayalam Self Composition

Hi...

This was my maiden venture into composing... Always loved to sing soft soothing songs, may it be film songs or original compositions..

This song was written by my friend Sindhu Nair, whom I met on Orkut.. She writes lovely poems, with a nostalgic touch.. I loved this poem of hers as soon as I read it on the "Malayalam Kavidhakal" community in Orkut.. Was craving to get this poem composed as a song..



Song: Oru Poomaram...
Genre: Soul
Music: Prathap Sounderraj
Singer: Sushanth Shankar
Lyrics: Sindhu Nair
Studio: Deepam Studios


This is when I met my friend Prathap who was my senior at the BMS College of Engg and was also the lead of the Indian Music Team at college.. I met Prathap after about 4 years and was thrilled to know that he could make the arrangements to work on this song and get it recorded!!! Prathap is a wonderful multi-talented musician, who plays the keyboard, guitar, mouth organ and what not!! Finally, both of us met up one Saturday afternoon and worked on composing this song..

Trust me, with the help of his easy flowing soothing chords, we had no difficulty in coming up with the tune of the song! Ideas just kept flowing like river water! To say the least, the song was complete in a matter of 2 hours!!! :)

Prathap.. I have always admired him as a wonderful musician and also a very sweet person at heart! Enjoyed working with him on this song!!

Here, I present you the outcome of the combined effort of the 3 of us! This is a short video clip I made using some of the pictures I clicked on my mobile phone! Apologies for the lack of clarity of the images.. Hope you all like it..


- Sushanth

6 comments:

  1. Sushanth...romba nannaittu irundadhu!!
    neengal oru valliya paadagar!
    ungalku singingla oru valliya future undu !!
    Priya voda nal vaazhthukkal...nirrrraiiyyyaaa!!
    Cheers,
    Priya

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Priya!!

    Thanx a lot for the lovely comments and encouragement!!!!! :-)

    Ungalkku paattu pudichadhile romba romba santhosham! Thanx a lot for listening to the song again! :-)


    - Sushanth

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chala Santhosham ga undi....:))
    Ilage eppatiki sangeetham ni nammu.. prashanthanga santhosham ga untavu.. All the very best ra... Tak cre..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Sush !

    Finally I get to comment on your song.
    Ufff...I guess my lappy has a problem so thats why I am unable to comment.

    You know what you have pradhap have done a fabulous job...in every aspect.
    Composition arrangements and singing...every thing sounded lovely.
    You should try to market this and make an album yaar.

    Sorry I could not say anything about the lyricist since I Don't know mallu...But I am pretty much sure it will be awesome.

    Well done all three of you.


    And those visual is loveeeeeeelyyyyyyyyyy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow awesome composition...man...really loved it...superb...really really loved it...beautiful composition, nice arrangements..man you should compose songs more often...what a soulful composition and singing...and beautiful lyrics...

    ReplyDelete
  6. very melodious music Sushanth ! liked your wonderful rendition ! and a nice blog too, full of music ! all the best ! - K.Balaji

    ReplyDelete